Thursday, June 11, 2009

She's 12!!!!

I can't believe I have a twelve year old! Even though McKenzie has always been an adult locked inside of a child's body, it is crazy to think that my first little tiniest baby is 12. Kenz is such a sweet girl and has the best heart. She is very dedicated to her school work and did an amazing job transitioning into middle school this year. Kenzie is by far one of the best decision makers I know. She has always been able to tell right from wrong and never hesitates to make the right choices even if they are hard. She is an amazing example especially to her parents:) We lovingly like to refer to Kenz as the "Otha Motha" because she does such a fantastic job helping me with the kids. She babysits for me lots and never ever complains. I could never make it without my Kenzie Girl!

Her friend Taylor made her these cute posters and came and put them up while Kenzie was gone. The balloons were tied to Kenzie's "special brand" of skittles. She is so lucky to have such great friends.
For her party she did a scavenger hunt through downtown. We put Scott's creative mind to work and he wrote up all the cute clues. They had to do all kinds of fun tasks. the one above is of one of the teams singing Popcorn Popping on the stairs of the Tabernacle.
This one is of the girls doing the Miley Cyrus Hoedown in the middle of the fountain.
At the end, they all ended up at Blue Bunny for pizza and ice cream. The girls were absolutely darling and had such a good time.

We are so blessed to have such a sweet daughter and sister in our family.
We love you Kenz!!!!

9 comments:

sara and wade said...

love ya kenz!!! we can't believe you are 12 already!! holy cow! where did time go! glad you had a fun day and i can't wait to have our special day together!! love ya sista!

Tracey said...

Happy B-day Kenz(Rogers)....we all love you over here, and are so glad to have you in Taylor's life! BFF...

Brandi said...

I'll never forget baby McKenzie! What a sweet little thing you were (if only your mom could have held on a few more minutes so you could have been born on my birthday!). And now you are still just as sweet. Sounds like you had a great birthday and much deserved. I wish we lived closer so you could come and help me with all my little peeps too. luv you girl!

Wilson said...

Love you Kenzie!!!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Mckenzie Lou where did the time go. You have done a fine job raising those other crazy kids. It was fun seeing you guys today.

Joe and Amy said...

Wow! Where did the time go?! It seems like just yesterday that we were fighting over who got to hold you.

You have been a joy in the Vest Family. My girls look up to you so much! I am so glad you are such a great example. Can't wait to see you soon!

Sure love ya!

Bill and Rowene Vest said...

Kenzi,

It was so fun celebrating your birthday with you this past weekend. I love being with you and hearing you talk of the fun you are having with your friends and family. Thanks for being such a great example to the rest of the Vest grandchildren. You are such a sweet and mature young lady. We're so happy for you to join the other girls in YW. You will be such an asset to your ward. I too can remember that exciting day in June when your mom and dad took off for the hospital. Can't believe that day was 12 years ago. Keep smiling as we love your pretty smile and fun personality. We love you Kenz!!!

Wilson said...

Hey kenzie where are the updates?


Emily


PS Call me!

Rae said...

Thank you on the comment on Brooks!

Rae