Sunday, September 9, 2007

California Screaming


We returned home from California later this afternoon and had such a great time. First of all, it was great to see our little ones for sure and it was also great to know they were getting taken such good care of by Wader and Sara. When we talked to them on Saturday they told us that Boston had taken quite a liking to the game of football and had been running around the house all day in Cooper's Packers helmet saying football, football, football.

Our anniversary trip started off with a Friday night baseball game Angels vs. Indians. We scalped the tickets from someone as we were entering the parking lot. We sat behind the Angels dugout for the 1st five innings and then sat down the right field line after that. The stadium was pretty full but there were still some seats around. The Angels won in the 10th inning 3-2 and it was a fun game.

The next day we woke up early and headed for Newport Beach. Scott and I went for a jog along the beach and ran from Balboa to 21st street and back. After we finished our jog we went into Sharkeez for the famous fish tacos. They were so yummy and it was fun just to hang out and relax after our run. By the way, I was so happy I didn't have to do my long run on Saturday this week. The little 5 miler we did was plenty for me and it was a pleasant run with beautiful weather.

After Sharkeez we went back to the hotel to get ready for the UCLA vs. BYU football game. We left 2 hours before the game to make sure we'd get there in time as we were driving from OC to Pasadena. There was an accident which stalled us for about 45 minutes so we arrived at the game 7 minutes into the 1st quarter. It was a great game though. Vasu Mudliar got us tickets along with half of St. George. It was really fun sitting in the same section as many of our friends from St. George. BYU really played well and we thought they played good enough to win but lost in the end.

It was off to Olive Garden after the game and we tried to find an Olive Garden close to Disneyland. We had a yummy dinner and tried a fun new dessert pumpkin cheesecake. It was good but I still think the #1 dessert is Black Tie Moussecake. To cap off the night we went to Disneyland and hit a few rides. We got there just in time to see the fireworks and have some fun before we headed back to the hotel.

It was such a fun trip and one of the best parts of our trips always is the wonderful conversations we have to and from our destinations. It sure makes the trip go by a lot faster when you have such good things to talk about and a good partner to share them with. We look forward to many more anniversaries and are hoping to get back to So. Cal in early November on a family trip.

We have a fun filled week planned including a Vest Family reunion here in St. George. Better sign off for now.

5 comments:

Joe and Amy said...

I'm so jealous! That sounds like so much fun! We are so excited for the day we have the money and the time to take a trip together! Ha! Can't wait to see you in a couple of days. Thanks for listening to me today as I ranted about the three questions I missed on the driver's test. I'm just so glad I passed. Let me know if you need me to do anything about the shirts. Love, Amy

Joe and Amy said...

What a fun anniversary! How would it be. It's so fun to see the both of you making fun things happen. Memories! They will never leave you. I can't believe it has been 12 years. Dad and I just celebrated our 37th. It wasn't as exciting as yours, but we are going to celebrate in So. Cal in October. We love you guys and appreciate the great example both of you are in our family. And such cute kids. You all are the greatest. We love reading your blogs. Keep up the great work. Love, Mom and Dad

ps. This is really us, but we don't have a blog yet so I'm using Amy and Joe's.

sara and wade said...

ow ow! what a beautiful couple! :) glad you guys could have such a great time together! you know that we would take your kids anytime of the day no matter what! we love being able to spend lots of time with them and getting a crash course on parenting at the same time! :)although, your kids are so easy that it really isn't much of a challenge! :) hehehe we love ya!

Abby said...

yeah! You have a blog! I'm so excited to check in on the vest fam in st g! Cute pictures of you guys and your kids too!

ps I added you and sara to my blog

Alyson said...

Just found your blog through Sara's. It will be fun to check up on your little family. I still think Boston is one of the cutest little boys I've seen and I love your other three little 'mini adults"! :) And can I just say that I am so impressed with your marathon record? I do think you are a little crazy, but also admire your ability to do it! Go Annette!