Monday, October 8, 2007

Final Marathon?


Well friends and family, looks like another marathon has come and gone and I made it through without any major catastrophe's. I saw Cherry Lynn(Kenny's Mom who has walked the marathon for several years) across the street last night and hollered "I made it and still have all 10 toe nails in tact." The weather for the run was nice and actually quite chili at the start line. It worked out just fine though as I was quite bundled up during the first portion of the race. Kari and I stayed together for about 16 miles of the race and finally got our picture taken together after all these years. For some reason during the past 4 years we haven't been together to get a picture taken. We lost Leslie at the start line and couldn't find her during the whole race. I was so mad when I found out that we finished the marathon just one minute a part and didn't even get to enjoy it together.

My final time was 4:13 which ranks 2nd among my marathon finishes. I have been real consistent around that mark during my four marathons with the one exception when Scott ran with me in 04. I spent some time encouraging him along and we finished together at around the 4:30 mark. My sister-in-law Emily ran as well and did a great job.

I am always so thankful for the ability to exercise and how it improves my daily life. I always enjoy seeing my cute little children at the end of the race with smiles and marathon tattoos on their face. I sure love them and all of the support they provide to me.

5 comments:

Joe and Amy said...

Yay! Way to go! I know what you mean about not enjoying the race with someone. When Em and I ran the half together in Moab she told me to go ahead, at the end we realized we were only 4 minutes apart. It would have been so much more pleasant to do together. It taught me a great life lesson. I'm proud of all of you. Someday when I feel like ai have enough energy I may muster up the courage to do it. You gals all amaze me! Great job!

sara and wade said...

wahoo!! we love ya! super proud of ya!!! you inspire me, however, i really don't think that i have it in me to be a marathon runner! i know that i'm a better cheerer than athlete. i can accept that! way to go on your time and everything... consistency is key is what i hear all the time, so great job!!

Joe and Amy said...

We expect a full review of Hannah Montana in Concert on this blog....SOON!

Bill and Rowene Vest said...

I am so proud of your marathon accomplishments. It is so fun for us to come down and see your family support you in that event as you are always there for them day in and day out. You're a great example to all of us Annette. We love you! Awesome job!
PS. I would love to see the kids Halloween costumes on another blog when you get a chance. I can hardly wait. :)

Joe and Amy said...

Here's another request for Halloween pictures! You always do an awesome job!