Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beauty Takes Pain!




Delaney has been counting down the days all summer when she would be able to go get her ears pierced. We told the girls when they were younger they had to wait until their ninth birthday to get their ears pierced. Well, when McKenzie was approaching age nine she convinced her Dad to let her get hers done six weeks before her birthday so she could change out her earrings on her birthday. So following in her footsteps, Delaney counted back six weeks from her ninth birthday and here we are. Delaney and her friend Tess decided to go together since they were both a little scared to say the least. Tess went first but it didn't help ease Delaney anxiety obviously from her reaction. In the end they were tough and endured the pain for the beauty of their cute little pink flower earrings!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

i love the pics of the ear piercing.. what an event!! thanks for inviting us! Kenz.. i'm so glad your going to blog now.. i'll have check out the blog more often now :)

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Delaney you look so cute. but I would have done it for free. Just kidding. O yeah Annie keep your eye on the ball. That's funny boston said that.

Joe and Amy said...

"Beauty knows no pain girls!" (From Roger's and Hammerstein's modern version of "Cinderella.")

Welcome to the club Delaney! They look great. I told Brynn she can't change her's for 6 months, so don't tell her any different. ;)

Lesley said...

Yea Delany! You are a babe!

daisy said...

Who's that hot girl squatting in picture #2? I love the negotiating 6 wks. before the birthday, sounds like something Parly would try.

Craig and Erin said...

Go Delaney! You are so brave and darling! I love the new earrings! We hope school is going well for you awesome cousins! We sure love and miss you!

Bill and Rowene Vest said...

Yeah Delaney! You are so brave. I would love to have been there, I can tell that it was a fun time and knowing you like I do, I can tell you were really scared. You will love having your ears pierced. I love the earrings you are wearing. You and Tess are the fashion statements of the neighborhood this week. Thanks for the blog Kenz. It was awesome! We love you guys soooooooo much!!!

sara and wade said...

gorgeous. just gorgeous! i remember going to get my ears pierced and i was so excited. then i got bored with them and let them grow in and then repierced them myself when i was older and wanted them again. don't let them grow in BoBO!

Kent and Emily Cook said...

I LOVE that McKenzie is your blogger. That inspires me to teach Madison... Kent does it more often than I do! And by the way, the Nanny position is YOURS! I would love for you to come anytime. Really it would be a blast to have you guys here. We'll be down your way in December and would love to see you as always. Your fam and you look as gorgeous and handsome as ever.
Much love.

Jami Hansen said...

Good Job Mckenzie! Now I can check your blog & see different pictures. It's fun writing notes. Cute pictures on your blog.