Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Best Buddies






So the other day as Boston and I were walking through TJMaxx as we often do, Boston spotted a wonderful treasure upon the self that he wanted. I often wander through the store with lots of random items knowing that I will put them away when we are finished but for the time they are keeping my child quiet. So without a thought, I hand Boston the little pig he requested and continue on with my shopping. He starts calling the pig, Wilbur, which he picked up from Charlotte's Web. He is having full blown conversations with his new friend when I hear him say,"You want to come to Bosty's house, Wilbur? You want to come play at my house?" I knew at that very moment that I was too big of a sucker and would end up taking home Wilbur. He has hauled Wilbur around with him for days, setting him on the counter to eat cereal, reading him stories, and making a bed for him. I am so glad that Wilbur joined our family so that we don't have to get that puppy the kids have been begging for now.

12 comments:

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

when I first heard the story of the wilbur pig I visualized a stuffed animal. O no that is a full blown metal pig. I love the part when he eats breakfast with it. He looks so cute looking at it.

sara and wade said...

hahahahaha...i'm dying. that is awesome. bosti... where did you get this kid. did you pick him up at the tjmaxx too...? cuz he sure is the cutest thing i've seen in a long time!!! i guess i'll have to get to know wilbur the metal pig too.

sara and wade said...

oh.. i'm sure that Wilbur is much easier to clean up than a puppy anyway....:)

Lesley said...

Oh I love it. It's a good thing Wilbur was at TJMax and not the Boulevard or you might be taking out a second to finance it :)

Bill and Rowene Vest said...

Grandpa and I are still laughing. We can just hear him carrying on a full blown conversation with "Wilbur." Is he not the cutest little guy you have ever known. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you again soon! Luv ya!

Joe and Amy said...

that is so funny! what we won't do for our our kids!

i agree much better to clean up than the puppy!

Marcie said...

That is so cute! I will have to remember that when we have kids so i can just get them the fake animals because NO WAY are they having pets. Hey you looked so strong out there today running and thanks for the story about your grocery bag becuase that SAVED me today and I would have never thought to grab one. lol:)
MarcieJ

Carpools and Casseroles... said...

That is such a cute pig! You are so lucky to have it in your home. Isn't it funny what kids are attracted to? Love it!!

Amy said...

Hi Annette-
Found your blog from Brandi's. So fun to catch up with your family. Your kids are so cute. I ran into your mom last week at Time Out for Women in Logan. She is still cute as ever too. Looks like you guys are enjoying life in St. George. We are planning on moving to Vegas soon for my work. It would be fun to see you and catch up. Check out our blog at www.turnertimes6.blogspot.com.

Amy Germany

Brian and Emily said...

Who woudn't want a stuffed piG?

Brandi said...

Umm Vest family we need some new updates. Get McKenzie or someone on it will ya???!!

Love you guys and Wilbur!

Angi said...

What cute little ones you have! I am waiting for you to post your ever so hot marathon pictures. I heard you rocked it in under 4! Amazing! I had such a fun time hearing your contagious laugh Saturday. You made the wait for the start fun. Hope you don't mind if I peek in at your life from time to time.