Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

The Sunday before Halloween we had the kids carve their pumpkins but realized later that it was probably a little too soon because by the time Halloween came on Friday the pumpkins were a little moldy already. Here is Wader helping Delaney scrape the gunk out of her pumpkin and Kenzie taking care of business with hers.
Coop sporting his way over-grown chia pet hairdo and the pattern of what he wants his big guy to look like.

Scott helping Kenz carve her pattern. He was not thrilled with my "patterns" that I picked up for the kids. He wanted to know where the good ole days of yester year had gone when you just hand the kid a knfe and let them start cutting out a scary face. He was a good sport to humor us throught the process.

Here are the finished products! Kenzie's is on the left and is supposed to be the werewolves. Cooper's is in the middle with the cross bones and skull and Delaney's is on the right with the singing ghosts.

Cooper and Delaney ended up taking theirs to school for the pumpkin carving contest at school and Cooper won second place for his. I am not sure that was honest seeing as how Scott and I had to do most of the work!




3 comments:

Lesley said...

All's fair in carving pumpkins. I once took second place in the design the yearbook cover contest and my dad totally drew my picture for me. OOPS.

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Who is missing more teeth, the pumpkins or Cooper? Way to go on doing good with the pumpkin carving. It's okay, its just like the pine wood derby. The dad's do most of the work, right?

Joe and Amy said...

I'll bet you 99% of the pumpkins were made by the parents...just think of it this way, you guys beat out most of them, way to get into the spirit of things.