Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Tradition Lives On

Throughout my childhood years my cute mom started the tradition of making sugar cookies not just for Halloween but for every holiday you could find a cookie cutter for. Without fail whenever Valentine's, St. Paddy's, Easter, Halloween, etc. came around mom was stirring up a batch of sugar cookies for all of us chickadees. It doesn't hurt that she makes the absolute BEST sugar cookie around. The recipe is a single batch but mom always five, yes you read that right, FIVE timesed(is that a word?)the batch. And believe it or not it probably only took a few hours for us to devour every last crumb of those cookies. I'd like to blame that on my four bros but unfortunately my sis and I held our own with the sweets. So in keeping with Bodily tradition the week before Halloween the kids and I destroyed the kitchen and made sugar cookies-but we only tripled the recipe. My only regret is that I didn't take a picture of all the works of art that were created. The kids did a great job and we had so much fun!















6 comments:

Mindi said...

such cute kiddies! and i used to make sugar cookies for every holiday, too. until i got too lazy and old. keep the dream alive, annette!

(p.s. : milf)

Angi said...

Yum! My mom always made sugar cookies with us too! Sadly, I am mostly too lazy it do it much with my kids. What a cute picture of you with your little guy! You're a hot little momacita!

Brandi said...

We only do it for Valentine's day now pretty much and I use a mix (bad I know) but I remember your mom's recipe. It is the best. :)

Your hair is so cute. Please tell me this was a Sunday?!?!?

Lesley said...

we make sugar cookies too! Oh wait, Angi already said that. Anyway, the girls and I went over just last Sunday for Thanksgiving cookies. So fun!

Joe and Amy said...

Where was I when those yummy cookies were being made. I love cookies way too much!

Chel said...

Sooo much fun! Kenz looks so grown up. I wished we lived closer. I love your cookies. We miss you guys!