Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Halloween Day

Halloween started off bright and early with the elementary school parade at 9:30am. Since Halloween was on a Friday and the kids have early out on Friday, it pushed everything up a few hours. This is Cooper during the parade. The kids just parade in and out of all the classrooms in the school and then end up back in their classroom.
After the parade, I went and did the party in Delaney's classroom. I now understand why my friends that are teachers despise Halloween. There was a kid that puked in Delaney's classroom and then proceeded to stay the rest of the day with HIS MOTHER RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. Is it just me or is that a little odd. Take him home for goodness sakes. Then one of those lovely masks that shoot blood down through them leaked all over the carpet in her classroom. Poor Mr. Antonio, the janitor was working OT in Delaney's classroom that day. Here she is during one of the games being transformed into the cutest mummy ever.
Here are all of my little goblins. McKenzie was the sassy little witch which we hope is not foreshadowing her teenage years because she is still the sweetest girl. Delaney was Tiger Lily from Peter Pan but everyone thought she was Pocahontas. And of course the only costumes we can get the boys to wear are some sort of athletic wear which is fine with me now. A few years ago this was not acceptable to a mother who liked to orchestrate a themed Halloween for her little ones. After Cooper spent a Halloween hiding in the bushes all night because I made him dress up like Captian Hook, I vowed never to ruin another Halloween for him again.


Our ward did a Trunk-or-Treat that night at the church. It was the first time we have done that and I had a few mixed feelings about it. I am all about a ward activity but I don't know that I liked it the actual night of Halloween. The kids had a great time so I guess that is all that matters. Grandpa Billy had come down to golf with some friends so he was able to come and hang out with us for the party as well. Later on that night while the girls were out trick-or-treating, Grandpa took Coop over to one of the haunted houses in the neighborhood. Coop was scared out of his mind but glad Grandpa was there to protect him. We don't raise the bravest of kids around our house. Boston has never been so excited for a holiday season to pass. He can now run errands peacefully with me without being scared and terrified of all the scary decor.


7 comments:

Brandi said...

Cute costumes! I think it is hilarious your boys won't dress up except for sports. They've got their priorities. :)

Craig and Erin said...

You cute little mosters! So darn cute at Halloween time! Sound like everyone had a ball and I'm sure there was tons of candy! We are getting so excited to see you all at Thanksgiving!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Love the costumes. I Can't imagine Boston not wanting to be anything else but a Red Sox player. That is a funny story about Cooper also.

Joe and Amy said...

I remember hearing about the Captain Hook Story. I thought that was so funny. Props to you Annette for even trying to go with a theme. I've never even attempted it, and as you know my girls have minds of their own, so it would be a major power struggle. Aaron wore that Peter Pan costume this year, thanks again for passing it down.

stephanie said...

Cute blog, hope you don't mind me checkin it out! It was fun to see you at Olive Garden...

Stephanie (in Mesquite)

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

Annette! It's me, Leah (Leavitt). I am SO happy to have stumbled upon your blog tonight! :) Susan added me as a friend on Facebook, so I clicked on her blog and then saw your link. I was thrilled! I don't think I have ever met or seen a picture of any of your children so it has been way too long. They are absolutely beautiful. You are very blessed.

And you run marathon after marathon! I can't even wrap my brain around that. You ARE the woman. I am so proud of you doing something so difficult. What a great example you are to your kids.

You haven't changed a bit. Just as beautiful as ever. Scott is a lucky guy.

We've lived in Spokane, Washington, for over 5 years now and love it here. My parents left Vegas a couple of years ago and live just an hour away from me on Lake Pend Orielle in North Idaho. I am SO loving that and couldn't be any happier about it. If you are ever in the area, you totally have a place to stay. Ben is single and still in Vegas. My sister, Pam, is still in Mesquite and even has 5 grandchildren being raised there as well.

I have 4 kids about the exact same ages as yours. Except my son is first followed by 3 girls.

It was so good to see pics of you and your sweet Mom. Tell her hello for me. I'll never forget her warmth, smile, and kindness.

So good to know you are well and happy to see you again even if it is just through the blogospere.

Love, Leah