Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hiking in Snow Canyon


We live in such a beautiful area and are so blessed with the surroundings. Yesterday we went on a short hike through Snow Canyon. Kenzie stayed home as she wasn't feeling well due to her tonsils being violently removed by a pack of wild rats in the middle of the night. She really did great though and we are so proud of her.

Boston thought it was so funny to do a head first slide into the sand on the trail thinking the red dirt looked exactly like the red dirt on a baseball diamond. We hiked for about 30 minutes and then found a fun rock to climb up. Of course the boys took off running up the rock and the girls slowly made their way behind. We decided to stop for a moment and enjoy the beautiful scenery as well as some shade. The boys weren't quite satisfied with the view so they decided to hike up a little further and get shelter in one of the little caves. It scared me to death to watch Cooper and Boston sit on the sides of Scott with large drop offs on each side. After a while we decided to make our way down the rock back to the trail. Scott and Boston came down first with Cooper following behind. I saw Cooper wanting to run and then he took off running down the rock. You probably know what happened next, he tripped on the rock and rolled four times before he stopped. There was nothing I could do at the bottom but hope he didn't run into Boston and Scott and knock thier footing out from under them. My heart dropped and I said *%@# Cooper, what were you thinking. Luckily, I do the laundry at our house so nobody but myself will know exactly how scared I was to see Coop fall.

Scott and I capped off the night with a little date by hitting our favorite salad bar in town(Pizza Factory) and said hi to the man himself Bill Randall before catching the movie"The Secret Life of Bees." It was a great movie and I admit, I did get a little emotional during the movie partly because of the plot and partly because they ran out of butter for the popcorn and nacho cheese for snacks.

Today Delaney and Scott sang in sacrament meeting. One of the sisters in our ward called Scott and asked him to put together a men's quartet and he decided that singing with Delaney would be a nice change. I was so proud of Delaney and thought she would be very nervous but she did a fantastic job of hitting all the notes and had a big smile on her face the whole time she sang.

Sure is fun being a mom these days and I look forward to doing my job everyday. I really do have the best job in town!

***As many of you know, this blog was first started as Scott impersonating me and writing posts as if he were me. It looks like he is at it again!!


5 comments:

Lesley said...

I figured that Scott would be adding the "laundry" portion of the post. Also, I was a little worried about the salad bar trip but was glad to see you capped off the night with buttered popcorn. Makes me feel not so guilty about the 100 pieces of crap I ate this weekend. Not from your hiking pants but real, honest to goodness, good stuff!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Hey do Scott and Delaney do requests I was thinking of hiring them for the next party I throw. I would cry out of control to if the butter ran out too. Hopefully you are taking advantage of the weather. Looks awesome down there.

Brandi said...

I could totally tell it was Scott. Funny guy. Loved all the adventures on the hike though. Gotta love little boys! :)

Angi said...

He totally got me! I was thinking "WOW! Annette has a WAY better attitude than I do about mom-ing!" The last little disclaimer cracked me up. I need to meet this hubby of yours.

Joe and Amy said...

Okay, I was thrown off by the laundry comment, I thought, wow Annette, we're getting real personal here aren't we? I should have figured that brother of mine was at it again. Thanks for making me laugh.